About Boulder Care
Boulder Care is a digital health platform for treating opioid addiction.
Opioid overdose is the leading cause of death for Americans under 50, but fewer than 10% of patients who need treatment are receiving it. Boulder is closing this gap by providing high-quality medication-based treatment via a digital platform. Patients get the support they deserve from our world-class clinical staff from the comfort and convenience of home.
Why work at Boulder?
- Make a difference. Medication-therapy works, but too many patients simply don’t have access to it. By providing more people with quality care, we can literally save lives.
- Work with the best. Boulder brings together the best clinicians, technologists, researchers, and business strategists, with the common goal of expanding access to life-saving treatment. Our clinical staff are the leading voices in opioid treatment. Our technology leadership has built products and services that scaled to hundreds of employees and hundreds of millions of end-users.
- Grow with us. Boulder is a seed-stage VC-backed company with the opportunity to build a massive business. Our healthcare system spends billions of dollars combating the opioid epidemic. By offering better care, we save lives and save payors money, while also building huge financial value.
Product Development at Boulder Care
The Boulder Product Development team is building a suite of applications that enable home care for opioid addiction. This includes the mobile applications used by patients to interact with clinicians and access care from home, the business applications used by our providers to coordinate and deliver great care, and all the infrastructure used to gather data and optimize treatment.
UI/UX Designer Job Description
Boulder Care is seeking a UI/UX Designer with 5+ years experience to join the Product Development team. We are open to a range of seniority levels, and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- End-to-end. You should be comfortable with the entire product lifecycle, from concept and research to wireframe and implementation. You should enjoy working cross-functionally with business stakeholders, product managers and engineers to refine your designs and get them built. You should have experience working in a startup environment, and know how to get things done even in imperfect circumstances; if a requirement is missing or a tool isn’t available, you should find a way around and drive for results.
- Mobile UX. You should have a strong background in consumer mobile application design. Our patient-facing app must present complex workflows in a way that’s easy and straightforward, creating an experience that is welcoming and usable.
- Business Applications. You should have experience with data visualization and data-heavy web applications. Our clinicians rely on our tools to capture and synthesize complex patient data in a way that’s lightweight and actionable.
- Research. You should have experience driving product research from focus groups to usability testing. You should be able to recommend the right tools for the job, sometimes taking the time for detailed research while other times making an educated guess to get something out the door.
- Visual Design. While this is not a visual design role, you should have an eye for visual design, and be able to work with contract visual designers or apply existing visual styles to translate your UX into a final design.
This position is based in Portland, OR (no remote employees, but relocation is available), and reports to the CTO. Compensation is competitive with full benefits and stock. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.