About Boulder Care
Boulder Care is a digital health platform for treating opioid addiction.
Opioid overdose is the leading cause of death for Americans under 50, but fewer than 10% of patients who need treatment are receiving it. Boulder is closing this gap by providing high-quality medication-based treatment via a digital platform. Patients get the support they deserve from our world-class clinical staff from the comfort and convenience of home.
Why work at Boulder?
- Make a difference. Medication-therapy works, but too many patients simply don’t have access to it. By providing more people with quality care, we can literally save lives.
- Work with the best. Boulder brings together the best clinicians, technologists, researchers, and business strategists, with the common goal of expanding access to life-saving treatment. Our clinical staff are the leading voices in opioid treatment. Our technology leadership has built products and services that scaled to hundreds of employees and hundreds of millions of end-users.
- Grow with us. Boulder is a seed-stage VC-backed company with the opportunity to build a massive business. Our healthcare system spends billions of dollars combating the opioid epidemic. By offering better care, we save lives and save payors money, while also building huge financial value.
Product Development at Boulder Care
The Boulder Product Development team is building a suite of applications that enable home care for opioid addiction. This includes the mobile applications used by patients to interact with clinicians and access care from home, the business applications used by our providers to coordinate and deliver great care, and all the infrastructure used to gather data and optimize treatment.
UI/UX Designer Job Description
Boulder Care is seeking a mid- to senior level UI/UX Designer to join the Product Development team. You will have the opportunity to lead the design of the product’s experience, making an impact for those in need and helping save lives.
- Leverage your product design skills to create intuitive, meaningful experiences that empower our patient to help better themselves and our providers to offer quality care
- Drive the end-to-end experience, from initial conception and research to wireframes, visuals, implementation and shipping.
- Work cross-functionally with business stakeholders, product managers and engineers to refine your designs and get them built.
- 5+ years of experience, including some mobile application design. Our patient-facing app requires presenting complex workflows in a way that’s easy and straightforward, creating an experience that is welcoming and usable.
- Experienced with rich data flows and data visualization for complex business applications. Our clinician-facing interface requires synthesizing complex patient data in a way that’s useful and actionable, empowering providers to focus on patient care by giving them the best tools for the job.
- Experience in product research across a variety of methodologies from usability testing to focus groups. We deal with complex user populations from patients in crisis to often non-technical clinicians, and you’ll drive research into their unique needs. You know when to dig deep and when to cut corners to get something shipped, and will recommend the right tools and level of rigor for a particular problem.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced start-up environment – juggling multiple projects at a time, managing your own time effectively and knowing how to get things done even in imperfect circumstances. If a requirement is missing or a tool isn’t available, you find a way around and drive for results.
- While this is not a visual design role, you have an eye for visual design and are able to work with contract visual designers or apply existing visual styles to translate your UX into a final design.
This position is based in Portland, OR (no remote employees, but relocation is possible), and reports to the CTO. Compensation is competitive with full benefits and stock. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.