Telemedicine Nurse Practitioner
Telecommute - Anywhere, USA
About Boulder Care
Boulder Care is a digital health platform for treating opioid addiction.
Opioid overdose is the leading cause of death for Americans under 50, but fewer than 10% of patients who need treatment are receiving it. Boulder is closing this gap by providing high-quality medication-based treatment via a digital platform. Patients get the support they deserve from our world-class clinical staff from the comfort and convenience of home.
Why work at Boulder?
- Make a difference. Medication-therapy works, but too many patients simply don’t have access to it. By providing more people with quality care, we can literally save lives.
- Work with the best. Boulder brings together the best clinicians, technologists, researchers, and business strategists, with the common goal of expanding access to life-saving treatment. Our clinical staff are the leading voices in opioid treatment. Our technology leadership has built products and services that scaled to hundreds of employees and hundreds of millions of end-users.
- Grow with us. Boulder is a seed-stage VC-backed company with the opportunity to build a massive business. Our healthcare system spends billions of dollars combating the opioid epidemic. By offering better care, we save lives and save payors money, while also building huge financial value.
Telemedicine Nurse Practitioner Job Description
Care Teams at Boulder
Care Teams at Boulder are interdisciplinary teams of clinical and social needs support staff who work directly with patients to deliver high quality, evidence-based care and an exceptional patient experience aligned with Boulder’s core values.
Care Teams occasionally interface with Operations and Technology teams as we continuously build and deliver better treatment and care coordination than what patients experience in the broken addiction treatment models of today.
Your Role as a Nurse Practitioner
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will report to a Medical Director. In this role, you will work directly with patients to deliver medication-assisted recovery for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and empower patients in their recovery journeys in coordination with Care Advocates and Peer Coaches.
In this high-impact, patient-facing role, you will deliver compassionate and empathetic telephonic, text-based, and video-based (telehealth) patient engagement and monitoring, assisted by Boulder clinical decision support tools and platforms. You will also coordinate with the rest of your multidisciplinary Care Team via Boulder telehealth tools to guide treatment planning and delivery.
As Boulder’s model is built on telemedicine, this role is unique in the autonomy and convenience that it offers compared to other Nurse Practitioner positions. You will have the opportunity to work from your own home and maintain flexible hours.
At Boulder Care, you’ll be a part of a dynamic, fast-growing team working to:
- Evaluate, diagnose, treat, and manage ongoing support for individuals suffering from complex substance use disorders (SUDs) and related comorbidities. Elicit the patient’s goals for their recovery and help them in achieving these goals over time through a therapeutic alliance.
- Coordinate with Medical Directors to develop and oversee treatment plans, adjusting them as needed. Educate patients on the Boulder model, SUDs and related comorbidities, recovery strategies, and safe use where necessary.
- Interpret and share lab results with patients, without judgement, in order to help them meet their goals and stay safe.
- Enable care coordination, connecting patients to clinical resources outside Boulder through referrals where necessary, working with Peer Coaches and Care Advocates to help patients access social resources and navigate the health care system.
- Deliver proactive, clear, and constructive feedback and collaborate with Boulder’s Technology and Operations teams to troubleshoot as we continuously build out our digital treatment platforms.
Your Experience and Attributes
You ideally bring to the table demonstrated experience managing SUDs through medication -assisted recovery paired with social needs management in an NP capacity. In total, you likely have 5 or more years of clinical experience as an NP or RN.
In addition, you probably have the following experience and qualifications:
- Working with interdisciplinary teams of professionals to deliver care and manage behavioral health and social needs.
- Ability to leverage Google Suite (Gmail, GoogleDrive, GoogleDocs, etc.) or MS Office as well as video conferencing and messaging services for communication and collaboration.
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing and a graduate-level nurse practitioner program. Active and unrestricted medical license for at least one of the following states: Alaska, Oregon, or Washington. If you do not have licensure in one of these states, you will still be considered, but you must be willing to obtain it for one of the states mentioned.
- Current DEA Licensure and prescriptive authority in the states above and DATA 2000 (XDEA) waiver for 30 or 100 patients.
We believe there are several attributes that are critical for success in this position:
- A passion for the Boulder Care mission of empowering patients suffering from SUDs on their recovery journeys.
- A bias towards action, a no-task-is-too-small attitude toward your work, and willingness to accept and support multiple pathways of recovery.
- An embrace of harm reduction as a philosophical approach to medication-assisted recovery.
- A high degree of trustworthiness, integrity, and professionalism as well as a relentless focus on patient confidentiality through compliance with HIPAA, 42 CFR Part II, the Boulder Care Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics, and Boulder Care Standard Operating Procedure.
- Exceptional teamwork and a willingness to collaborate with and learn from other Care Team members including Medical Directors, Care Advocates, and Peer Coaches.
If this sounds like an exciting next step for your career, please reach out to Medical Director Dr. Brandon Lynch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, please include your resume as well as information about your current DATA 2000 (XDEA) waiver status (if applicable).
Join us at Boulder
For more information or to apply, please send your resume and the role you're interested in to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!