About Boulder Care
Boulder Care is a digital health platform for treating opioid addiction.
Opioid overdose is the leading cause of death for Americans under 50, but fewer than 10% of patients who need treatment are receiving it. Boulder is closing this gap by providing high-quality medication-based treatment via a digital platform. Patients get the support they deserve from our world-class clinical staff from the comfort and convenience of home.
Why work at Boulder?
- Make a difference. Medication-therapy works, but too many patients simply don’t have access to it. By providing more people with quality care, we can literally save lives.
- Work with the best. Boulder brings together the best clinicians, technologists, researchers, and business strategists, with the common goal of expanding access to life-saving treatment. Our clinical staff are the leading voices in opioid treatment. Our technology leadership has built products and services that scaled to hundreds of employees and hundreds of millions of end-users.
- Grow with us. Boulder is a seed-stage VC-backed company with the opportunity to build a massive business. Our healthcare system spends billions of dollars combating the opioid epidemic. By offering better care, we save lives and save payors money, while also building huge financial value.
Product Development at Boulder Care
The Boulder Product Development team is building a suite of applications that enable home care for opioid addiction. This includes the mobile applications used by patients to interact with clinicians and access care from home, the business applications used by our providers to coordinate and deliver great care, and all the infrastructure used to gather data and optimize treatment.
Senior/Lead Software Engineer Job Description
Boulder Care is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with 5+ years experience to join the Product Development team. As a small team, we are open to a range of seniority and roles from a senior individual contributor to a team lead or manager to a non-managing architect.
- Coaching and mentorship. You should have experience leading a small team of engineers, helping coordinate their work and developing them as engineers. You should have experience recruiting and interviewing and a passion for team building. As the team grows, there is an opportunity to grow into a management/leadership role.
- Best practices. You will drive engineering processes and practices, from reviews to agile planning to professional development and team culture, making sure the team has the tools and structure to do their best work.
- Architectural oversight. Partnering with the CTO, you will help drive architectural and engineering design decisions.
- Individual contribution. This is a small team, so you should expect to be hands on as a coder. You should be comfortable at all layers, including database and devops, backend and API development, web and native clients (iOS/Android experience is nice-to-have but not necessary). You should pick up new technologies quickly and be used to diving in to solve problems even in unfamiliar areas.
- Startup experience. You should have experience working in a rapidly growing startup environment, and know how to get things done even in imperfect circumstances. If a requirement is missing or a tool isn’t available, you should find a way around and drive for results.
- Collaborative and product-oriented. You should enjoy working in a team, and have experience working cross-functionally with designers, product managers, architects and stakeholders. You should coach and mentor, be comfortable interviewing and hiring, and like getting feedback to develop your skills. You should be a product-thinker, and passionate about creating a great user experience.
This position is based in Portland, OR (no remote employees, but relocation is available), and reports to the CTO. Compensation is competitive with full benefits and stock. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.