Director of Operations
About Boulder Care
Boulder Care is a digital health platform for treating opioid addiction.
Opioid overdose is the leading cause of death for Americans under 50, but fewer than 10% of patients who need treatment are receiving it. Boulder is closing this gap by providing high-quality medication-based treatment via a digital platform. Patients get the support they deserve from our world-class clinical staff from the comfort and convenience of home.
Why work at Boulder?
- Make a difference. Medication-therapy works, but too many patients simply don’t have access to it. By providing more people with quality care, we can literally save lives.
- Work with the best. Boulder brings together the best clinicians, technologists, researchers, and business strategists, with the common goal of expanding access to life-saving treatment. Our clinical staff are the leading voices in opioid treatment. Our technology leadership has built products and services that scaled to hundreds of employees and hundreds of millions of end-users.
- Grow with us. Boulder is a seed-stage VC-backed company with the opportunity to build a massive business. Our healthcare system spends billions of dollars combating the opioid epidemic. By offering better care, we save lives and save payors money, while also building huge financial value.
Operations at Boulder Care
The Operations Team at Boulder Care works cross-functionally with the Product and Clinical Teams to deliver a consistent and exceptional patient experience, increased capacity for evidence-based care aligned with Boulder’s core values, and better operational care coordination than what patients experience in the broken addiction treatment models of today.
Director of Operations Job Description
As Director of Operations, you will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer (COO). In this role, you will help scale a fast-growing, technology-enabled health care organization while maintaining our bottom line.
Additionally, in collaboration with the Boulder Executive Team (including CEO, COO, CPO), you will ensure Boulder Care is equipped with the people, culture, processes, and technology to advance our mission and organizational goals.
In this high-visibility position, you will interface with internal and external stakeholders to ideate, build, and ramp up solutions that meaningfully change the lives of patients suffering from substance abuse disorders and address one of the United States’ largest public health crises.
At Boulder Care, you’ll be a part of a dynamic, fast-growing team, working across our organization to:
- Develop and manage financial and operational plans, driving continuous improvement and learning while growing Boulder’s bottom line
- Define and grow operations for key functions including People, Product, Clinical Operations, Clinical and Patient Support, and Organizational Partnerships
- Act as a thought partner to Boulder’s Executive Team to define operational priorities and support reporting for Board and Investor Relations
- Establish and implement quality control standards such as patient satisfaction, customer service, and productivity
- Partner with Boulder’s Executive Team to ensure budgets and operational plans are fully communicated, resourced, and delivered
- Support development of Boulder’s People Strategy to advance our culture of collaboration, accountability, and innovation
Your Experience and Attributes
You bring to the table at least 5+ years of experience in consulting, banking, or operational role in a fast growing startup—ideally with healthcare technology or multi-site healthcare services working with clinical teams—and a proven track record of scaling a business. In addition, you have experience with the following:
- Developing and managing to financial and operational plans to drive continuous improvement and learning
- Leading, mentoring, and scaling teams in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Interfacing with and coordinating activities across technical/product, business operations, and clinical teams
- Building out and leveraging data from a business intelligence infrastructure in support of organizational goals
- Contracting with and managing service, technology, and clinical vendor stakeholders
- At least a BA or BS. MBA preferred but not required
We believe there are several attributes that are critical for success in this position:
- A passion for the Boulder Care mission of empowering patients suffering from substance use disorders on their recovery journeys
- A bias towards action and a no-task-is-too-small attitude to their work
- An ability to generate and communicate clear priorities in the face of ambiguity, drive critical activities across interdisciplinary teams, and effectively gather and incorporate feedback
- The ability to develop and responsibly manage to budgets and organizational goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially cross-functional collaboration, coaching, and mentorship
- A tech-forward mindset and comfort applying and supporting the development of the latest digital health innovations
- The ability to skillfully manage across complex operations that involve multiple stakeholders within the health care ecosystem
Join us at Boulder
For more information or to apply, please send your resume and the role you're interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!